WHAT IS MAYA ABDOMINAL THERAPY?
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® are founded on an ancient Maya technique of ABDOMINAL MASSAGE. This technique is performed externally by gently guiding and supporting organs back into their optimal position, allowing for improved functioning for optimal health and wellness.
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® is best known for addressing misalignment or congestion in the reproductive organs of both men and women, as well as many common digestive disorders. The techniques effectively alleviate tissue congestion and organ constriction to improve the vital flows of energy, blood, lymph and nerves in the abdomen. It addresses and can release emotional and energetic tension from the abdomen. This assists to prevent the progression of chronic disease symptomology while improving the body’s ability to SELF REPAIR AND BALANCE.
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy ® support and enhance health and wellness throughout the life cycle for women, men, and children.
COMMON SYMPTOMS AND CONDITIONS THAT THE ARVIGO TECHNIQUES OF MAYA ABDOMINAL THERAPY® MAY ADDRESS:
EVERYONE (infancy to elderly):
- Digestive disorders (Crohn’s, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease, Gastritis, Constipation, Indigestion, etc.)
- Muscular Tension
- Urinary System (incontinence, frequent urinary infections, etc.)
- Varicose Veins
- Fertility Enhancement
- Post Surgical (scar tissue,
- Menstrual Disorders (painful/
- Pre-Conception through Postpartum
- Discomforts of Pregnancy; Birth Preparation
- C-section/hysterectomy surgery recovery
- Pelvic Organ Congestion (endometriosis, cysts, fibroids)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Chronic bladder/yeast infections
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Early stages of BPH (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy)
- Prostatitis (mild)
- Impotence, Erectile Dysfunction
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING A SESSION:
- Comprehensive review of your past and present healthcare needs focusing on reproductive and digestive health
- Upper and lower abdominal massage to help align reproductive and abdominal organs to optimal position, improve circulation to organs, and promote vital flow to support the body’s inherent healing capacity
- Evaluation of and application of bodywork to improve alignment of spine
- Instruction in self-care massage to enhance your professional session.
- *Recommendations of complimentary modalities to support your health and wellness that may include:
- Faja – a traditional lower abdomen support wrap
- Bajos – traditional herbal pelvic steam bath of the Maya
- Castor oil packs
- Nutritional and herbal support
- Lifestyle education
Your practitioner will work with you to address your specific needs. Typically, 2-3 professional sessions (at a mini-mum) are required to address most conditions. Clients who perform their self-care massage on a routine basis report an improvement in their symptoms.
*Note: supportive modalities are recommended by practitioners based on his/her professional license, scope of practice, as well as client needs.